Information about the Aostatal Region
Start date and expiry date of the measures in force? NOT UPDATED
- Emergency state January 2020 - July 31st 2020.
Possibility of guiding for foreign (non-resident) guides, yes/no, date?
- The guiding is now possibile in Italy but the regional and boarders with Italy and Eu (Switzerland included) countries area open
possibility of coming to the country for foreign (non-resident) tourists, yes/no, date?
- Yes it is possibile to come also for tourism reasons
cable car open, yes/no, date?
- Single resort are opening the cable cars. The decisions are coming from the single region or the autonomy provinces of Trento, Bolzano and from the local ski resort
open hut, yes/no, date?
- Some huts will open starting from June, some only for food, other also for sleeping in a lower number of beds available. There are still some planning like nights in tents etc, just consider that some huts might not be open at all for the season
Not allowed activities (Mountain Sector), what are they?
- Mountain activities and guiding area now allowed
maximum group size?
- General national information are now in the “Guidelines for the reopening of Economic, Productive and Recreational Activities, Rome, 09.06.2020 by the agreement conference of regions and autonomous provinces”. Some Regional and Province tourism departments with the mountain guides associations (Collegi Regionali) might have approved more specific maximum group size
- General national information are now in the “Guidelines for the reopening of Economic, Productive and Recreational Activities, Rome, 09.06.2020 by the agreement conference of regions and autonomous provinces”. Some Regional and Province tourism departments with the mountain guides associations (Collegi Regionali) might have approved more specific protective measures
Links to further information
Link on Conagai website with the Italian Regions and the provinces of Trento and Bolzano laws - guidealpine.it
Guidelines for the reopening of Economic, Productive and Recreational Activities, Rome, 09.06.2020 by the agreement conference of regions and autonomous provinces
MOUNTAIN PROFESSIONS (mountain guides and ski instructors)
Before the start of daily activities, can be taken the temperature to the participants during the technical qualification courses for the exercise of the profession and the professional updating (CPO ). (The rule gives an option and can be considered valid for all the activities with clients)
Provide adequate information on prevention measures, understandable also for clients of other nationalities.
Conducting the activity with small groups of participants. (No specific number is mention. Regional and province rules can be more specific. Conagai guidelines consider small groups 4-6 persons, depending on the tour. Family groups are preferred)
Frequent washing or disinfection of hands.
Prohibition of exchange of food and drinks.
Draw up a program of activities as planned as possible, that means also with the reservations; keep the participants name list for a period of 14 days.
The exchange of clothing and equipment is forbidden (e.g. harness, helmet, ice axe, mask, goggles, skis, poles).
The exchange of safety devices is forbidden (radio, transceiver, wax).
Use of alcohol-based liquid magnesite in climbing.
Disinfection of the equipment according to the manufacturers' instructions.
Respect for interpersonal distancing of at least two meters and the gathering of people is forbidden.