Information updated on 14.12.2020
Start date and expiry date of the measures in force?
- The border of Japan for tourists are closed now (the 8th of December 2020) and announced that it might be opened in stages in April 2021.
Possibility of guiding for foreign (non-resident) guides, yes/no, date?
- Yes, but coming into Japan is not possible now.
possibility of coming to the country for foreign (non-resident) tourists, yes/no, date?
No. It might be opened in stages in April 2021.
cable car open, yes/no, date?
- Yes. Lifts and so on for summer and winter is open.
open hut, yes/no, date?
- Some huts are open with specific Covid-19 regulations and some are closed.
Not allowed activities (Mountain Sector), what are they?
maximum group size?
- Depends on activities.
- social distancing: minimum 2 m
- wearing a mask: Yes
- wearing of gloves: No
Links to further information
(Only in Japanese)