Information updated on 16.02.2021
Start date and expiry date of the measures in force?
- 09.02.2021 - ?
Possibility of guiding for foreign (non-resident) guides, yes/no, date?
- Yes, entry for professional purpose only with negative Covid19-Test
Possibility of coming to the country for foreign (non-resident) tourists, yes/no, date?
At the moment the borders are still closed for tourism, expected opening uncertain. For professional purpose you can enter.
When entering Austria from abroad, a medical certificate or proof of a negative test in German or English language for SARS-CoV-2 must be available and presented to border authorities upon request. After entry, a quarantine of 10 days is required.
On the 5th day of quarantine earliest – the day of arrival marks day 0 - a molecular biological or antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 can be conducted. If the result is negative, the quarantine can end early. The exemptions from quarantine according to § 4 (3), § 5 (5), § 6 (1), § 6 (2) and § 6a of the COVID-19 entry regulation apply. Further, the exceptions from this regulation stated in § 7 (1) and § 8 apply as well. If one exclusively stayed in countries listed in appendix A or in Austria for the last 10 days prior to the entry, there is no quarantine obligation.
cable car open, yes/no, date?
- Yes, most areas are open
open hut, yes/no, date?
- No, also hotels and restaurants are closed for tourism purposes
Not allowed activities (Mountain Sector), what are they?
maximum group size?
- 1 guide +3 adults that must be from the same household + their children (6 max.)
- social distancing: minimum 2m, outdoor sports 2m
- wearing a FFP2 mask: indoor yes, outdoor no (but when using a cable car you have to wear it and present a negative Covid19 test)
- wearing of gloves: no, only in case of direct contact (rescue, etc.)
Links to further information